Roles are a group of permissions which provides you flexibility to assign various permissions to users across multiple projects.
Test Collab administrators define roles — that is, all projects have the same project roles available to them. Every user can have different roles in different projects. For example- a user named Mike can have role and permissions of a tester in project A, but in project B he has a role of a manager.
By default, Test Collab accounts have 3 pre-added roles but you can add as many roles you want.
Add a new role
- Go to Dashboard
- Click on Roles tab.
- Click on Add link in sub-navigation.
4. You will see a form this-
5. Give a name to your role and check the permissions this role should have.
All major sections have a permission to Manage that module or section. A check on "Manage" would mean that permissions have been granted for all actions under that module/section/entity.
The administrator also has an option, to restrict a tester from pausing a running test, and if a user does not have this permission, then he will also not be able to switch to another test execution without finishing an already started test execution.
Assigning a role to a user
Once you have created a role, you must assign them to users.
Roles are project specific so every user can have different roles in different projects. For example- a user named Mike can have role and permissions of a tester in project A, but in project B he has a role of a manager.
To assign role to a user, follow these steps-
- Select the project in which you would like to add team member.
- On project Dashboard, click on Settings and then on team members.
- Click on add member button
- Select one or multiple user(press shift key) and then select a role from dropdown below which should be assigned to these selected users.
- Click save