TestCollab Remote Executor is installed as a service by default on Windows. This prevents GUI based tests like AutoIt scripts, and desktop application testing to be executed from Test Collab Remote Executor due to Windows Session 0 security measure.
As an alternative to the service. Remote Executor can be added in windows startup programs list, which will give Remote Executor the permission to execute GUI based tests.
Following steps are needed to implement this after Remote Executor installation:
- Disable the Remote Executor Service: For this run removeService.bat present in Remote executor installation directory, generally it is "C:\Program Files\Test Collab\Remote Executor\bin"
- Copy Startup batch file to startup directory: Copy or create shortcut of "C:\Program Files\Test Collab\Remote Executor\bin\remote_executor_startup.bat" to your system startup directory. For 64 bit directory use remote_executor_startup_64.bat file
- You may also need to add a scheduled task to launch remote executor on system startup
- Reboot the system
- For 64 bit system Remote Executor is installed at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Test Collab\Remote Executor\"
- Startup directory is generally located in "C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" or at "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" depending upon the Windows version. Also you can run "shell:startup" command using run console (Shortcut keys combination: Win+R)
- If you are using unattended windows VM or machines. Then please make sure either automatic login is enabled for user or you can login into the Windows to launch the desktop.